Reception Maths Worksheets Age(4-5)
These Reception Maths Worksheets PDF format are based on the National Curriculum of Early Year Foundation Stage. The curriculum has been designed for young children up to the age of 5. These worksheets are for developing key learning skills such as counting, addition, subtraction, shapes, and positions. These worksheets are also designed to develop communication, concentration, and confidence in the kids. Our free Reception Maths worksheets PDF focuses on numeracy skills and is divided into three parts.
According to the reception curriculum, Mathematics involves providing children with opportunities to develop and improve their skills in counting, understanding, and using numbers, calculating simple addition and subtraction problems; and describing shapes, spaces, and measurements.
Learning Objectives of Reception Curriculum.
The math curriculum for 4-5-year-olds typically focuses on the following topics:
- Numbers and counting: Children at this age learn to count to 10 and beyond, and learn to recognize numbers and associate them with the corresponding quantities.
- Shapes: Children learn to identify and describe common shapes, such as circles, squares, and triangles.
- Measurement: Children learn basic concepts of measurement, such as length, weight, and capacity.
- Patterns: Children learn to identify and create simple patterns using colors, shapes, and numbers.
- Comparison and ordinality: Children learn to compare objects based on their attributes, such as size or color, and learn to put things in order (e.g., from tallest to shortest).
- Addition and subtraction: Children begin to learn basic addition and subtraction concepts and may start to solve simple problems using these operations.
- Money: Children may start to learn about coins and how to use them in simple transactions.
It’s important to note that these are just some of the topics that may be covered in a math curriculum for 4-5-year-olds. The specific content and pacing of the curriculum may vary depending on the school or educational program.
Autumn Term Learning Objectives.
- Numbers and Place Value: Count to 5, Comparing Groups up to 5.
- Addition and Subtraction: Sorting the numbers. Change within 5.
- Measurement: Time
Spring Term Learning Objectives.
- Numbers and Place Value: Count to 10, Comparing Groups up to 10.
- Addition and Subtraction: Sorting the numbers, Changing within 10
- Geometry: Shapes and Sizes.
SummerTerm Learning Objectives.
- Numbers and Place Value: Count to 2, Comparing Groups
- Addition and Subtraction: Count on and back,
- Multiplication and Division: Numeral Patterns,
- Geometry: Exploring Pattern
- Measurement: Measure length, and height distance.
Free Reception Maths Worksheets PDF
We develop Reception curriculum worksheets for Counting and Numbers, Addition and Subtraction, and Shapes and positions. You can download here our latest reception maths worksheets in pdf format.
Reception Curriculum Progress Check.
It is important to check the progress of the child at an early stage. This guide makes a clear path of learning in later stages. The school run makes a handy progress sheet to track the record. So why no grab for your children also. Click Here it is,
Things to Try with children at home.
1-Talk about numbers in daily life.
2- Count, Count, and Count. There are so many examples of introducing counting in everyday matters. e.g Count the cars. Count the start. Count the trees. Count with fruits and vegetables. The list goes on…
3 -Drawing the numbers. Drawing is a very attractive tool for kids. Draw in the sand on the beach, and draw with flour in fun time in the kitchen. Draw with paint to attract little fingers.
4 – Shapes and Time awareness. There are lots of geometrical shapes around us. A car wheel is a circle, mirror in the square, etc.
5-Read different stimulating picture books with the kids.
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Early Year Assessments Worksheets
Free 20 pages worksheets to test Early Year Learning skills.